This role offers successful candidates the opportunity to work flexible Health Care Support Work shifts within the NHS as part of the Agency Staff with Sugarman.
Wards Covered: Low Secured, Medium Secured , ACUTE, PICU, Learning Disabilities
Pay: Band 2 Umbrella Wages
– Week Days: £11.75 per hour
– Week Nights: £15.77 per hour
-Saturday – £ 15.77 per hour
– Sunday / Bank Holiday: £20.43 per hour
We are looking for compassionate, enthusiastic, and motivated Health Care Support Workers to work within NHS Hospitals. A successful care assistant will be an effective relationship builder and will be committed to equal opportunities and non-discriminatory practices.
In this role, as a Support worker, you will be working closely with multi-disciplinary team members to provide a high standard of care for patients throughout their visit or stay at NHS Hospitals. You will be responsible for implementing treatment and risk management plans and aiding patients through their recovery. Moreover, you will also be responsible for providing support and comfort to patient family members or carers.
During your work as a health care support worker, you will be expected to provide a high level of care to all patients in your ward or clinical area. This may include (and will not be limited to) moving and handling, cleaning and bathing patients, feeding patients and patient observations for a wide variety of patients.
Benefits of Agency Staff :
- Weekly Pay
- Salary – £11.75 – £20.43
- First choice of all available shifts
- 24 hour bookings service
- Flexibility to suit your way of life.
- Long term ongoing shifts available
- All required training’s provided
A successful candidate for this Health Care Support Worker role will have:
- A minimum of 6 months experience working on an Mental health hospital ward as a Support Worker, Health Care Assistant, 2nd or 3rd year Student Nurse, Training Nursing Associate or Nursing Assistant role within a UK hospital, Care Homes and nursing homes specifically in mental health and learning disabilities in the last 2 years.
- Full vaccination history (must include full course of Hepatitis B vaccinations and blood test, 2 MMR vaccinations, a BCG vaccination).
- Ability to work a minimum of 1 shift every month.
- Pass pre-employment checks (including enhanced DBS, occupational health screening and entitlement to work checks).
- Ability to provide work reference from past three years
- Available to attend our three days PMVA training and willingness to do e learning’s and mandatory training.
- Online application form
- Informal 20 minute telephone interview
- 10 minute meeting in our office to provide you compliance documents
- 3 days PMVA training and one day basic life support and manual handling training before starting work
(Please note, it may take 3-6 weeks to complete pre-employment checks)
Please apply for the Support Worker role here, or give our Recruitment Team a call on 07970736551 for more information or to apply (Mon-Fri 8.30 am-5:30pm).
Sugarman Health and Wellbeing is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.