Website Dominika Troska
Sugarman Health and Wellbeing are currently recruiting an experienced Assistant Service Manager for a market-leading care organisation based in Harrogate and Knaresborough. We are looking for candidates who demonstrate their potential to deputise on behalf of Service Managers within specialised community based, safe ‘Person-Led’ enabling support services for people who are vulnerable with severe complex needs.
Due to the location, we are ideally looking for drivers with access to their own car.
It is a full-time, permanent role with a variety of shifts available.
- Basic management of the service.
- Deputising on behalf of the Service Manager if they are absent or unavailable.
- Ensuring that the assessed care, developmental and support needs are always fully implemented.
- Developing positive relationships with everyone involved and creating a homely, welcoming environment.
- Working proactively to help people gain more independence by acquiring daily living skills, achieving their forecasted outcomes and matching team members’ expertise to their needs.
- Delivering ‘person-led’ care and supporting service to a wide range of vulnerable people and with
complex needs using our ways of working consistently implementing the agreed enablement
care and support plans to each individual even when no one is looking.
- Creating positive relationships and opportunities, guaranteeing each person receives
personalised enabling support, working in partnership with others.
- Ensuring the assessed needs of the person supported are met by developing; their
relationships, daily living skills and greater independence.
- Level 3 in Health and Social Care.
- At least 3 years experience in supporting adults in a supported living environment.
- Experience of taking additional responsibility.
- Follow all support, policy, process and regulatory guidelines at all times.
- Flexibility – working from planned rotas, including sleeping-in support shifts as required
- Adaptable, caring, open-minded, flexible.
- Good communicator. Ability to understand and respond to non/verbal communications.
- Ability to represent or advocate for service users as appropriate.
- A self-driven and able to motivate others. Committed to good practice.
All applications and offers are subject to a DBS (Criminal Record) check, cost to be met by the applicant.
Applicants must commit to completing mandatory training.
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time, 40h/week
Annual Salary: £19,760.00 – £22,800.00
Contact: Dominika Troska on 0771 990 0862, Mon – Fri 8:00 – 16:00.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer