Female carer required to join a small existing team, supporting an active and capable 56 year old lady, living in her own home. She has many hobbies including keeping fit and healthy and gardening.
* Please note that this vacancy is only open to female applicants due to the personal care required for a vulnerable adult as permitted under the Equality Act 2010 *
About the Health Care Assistant role:
- Hourly Rate: £11.00
- Location: Kettering, Northamptonshire
- Shifts Available:
- Days 0700 – 1600 Monday to Friday (Must be a driver – Manual)
- Days 7.30am to 10.30am Saturday & Sunday
- Nights 2015 – 0730 Monday to Friday
- Nights 2015 – 0745 Saturday & Sunday
- Contract Type: Full Time or Part Time
- Start Date: On completion of recruitment process
- PPE and weekly Covid Testing provided
Sugarman Health and Wellbeing are currently seeking Female Health Care Assistants to provide care and support to our Female service user, living in Kettering. You will be supporting an active and capable 56 year old lady, living in her own home. She has many hobbies including keeping fit and healthy and gardening. This individual has a Tracheostomy and is on a ventilator at night.
This is a fantastic opportunity for care professionals with an interest in specific complex conditions who want to develop their skills and knowledge whilst gaining experience.
You would become an essential part of her team and support in maintaining her independence and daily life and activities, becoming a companion with interests in fashion, shopping, gardening, baking, as well as taking her to weekly hair appointments in the safest manner. Duties will also include domestic duties and ensuring a safe and clean environment at all times.
Theory and practical training will be provided to ensure you have the correct skills to support our Service Users. This will give you the opportunity to learn new skills, develop your career and experience exciting things.
Benefits working for Sugarman Health and Wellbeing include:
- Enhancing our Service Users quality of life
- On going training development
- With ongoing support from other Health Care Assistants, Nurse Care Managers and Registered Manager
- Weekly Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Lucrative refer a friend scheme *Terms and conditions apply
What are your duties as a Health Care Assistant in this package?
- Supporting and maintaining all complex clinical needs such as Tracheostomy and Ventilator management.
- Supporting and management of medication prompting and administration
- Able to support in Moving and Handling & Personal Care
- To be respectful and maintain professional boundaries
- Someone who will go above and beyond for the Service User and staff involved in the package
- A minimum of 6 months care experience
- Able to work in the UK and can show documents
- Full enhanced DBS
- Up to date CV with full work history
- Must have a full UK driving licence (manual) to be able to operate the Service Users especially adapted vehicle to take her to appointments and activities.
Sugarman Health and Wellbeing is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.