Website Claire Patch
Health Care Assistant – £11.00 Per Hour
Are you looking for a change? Want a new job that is proactive, interesting and promotes non restrictive care?
Sugarman are currently seeking a Health Care Assistant to provide 1:1 care and support to a gentleman in his mid 30’s who has an Acquired Brain Injury and lives in the Droitwich area.
We are looking for someone who can commit to the care packages shift pattern which is Monday to Thursday 9:30AM to 5PM. Continuity is key in this care package due to his ABI.
Care experience is valuable but not essential, a positive and active attitude is the most important requirement for this role as we want people who will encourage him to go out but also prompt independence. We are currently working on a weekly activity plan to keep that routine and consistency within his life.
Theory and practical training will be provided to ensure you have the correct skills to support this individual. This will give you the opportunity to learn new skills, develop your career and experience exciting things.
Benefits of the Health Care Assistant role:
- Enhancing our Service Users quality of life
- Monthly rota
- Working in the community
- Promoting independence
- Working towards non restrictive care
- PAYE or Umbrella payment options available
- Membership to discounts and savings across over 1,000 retailers
- Paid Holiday/Sick/Maternity and Paternity
Requirements of the Health Care Assistant role:
- Moving and Handling
- Personal Care
- Supporting with organising trips and creating itineraries
- Administering medication
- Respectful and maintain professional boundaries
- Effective communicators who also respect the need for peace and quiet at times.
- Flexible, punctual, resourceful and professional
- Who will go above and beyond for the Service User and staff involved in the package
- Who will respect his beliefs and values and instil a team approach
To apply for this Health Care Assistant role you will need:
- A positive and motivating attitude
- The enthusiasm to learn and experience new things
- To be willing to embrace the goals he wants to achieve
- To carry out person-centred care
- The right to live and work in the UK
- A clean DBS
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer