Are you looking for a job that offers positive challenges and job satisfaction, where no day is the same?
Sugarman Health and Well-being are currently seeking Clinical Health Care Assistants for day and waking night shifts to support a gentleman with Epilepsy and learning disabilities, in the East Martin, Hampshire area (½ hr drive from Blandford and Salisbury)
Care experience and a positive and active attitude are essential for this role. Full clinical training will be provided by Sugarman’s clinical nurse manager meaning this is a great opportunity for anyone looking for a new challenge and to expand their skills and knowledge. This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to our service users lives, while developing your own career.
About the Healthcare Assistant role:
- Hourly Rate: £12 – £15 (Enhanced hourly rate on all Bank Holidays)
- Location: Hampshire
- Shifts Available:
15:00pm – 21:00pm Mon to Fri
08:00am – 21:00pm Sat and Sun
20:00pm – 09:00am Mon to Sun (waking nights)
- Speciality: Complex Care (adults)
- Start Date: On completion of recruitment process
Benefits working for Sugarman Health and Well-being include:
- Weekly Pay via PAYE
- Holiday pay
- Lucrative refer a friend scheme* (£250 for HCA – £500 for RGN)
- Free mandatory and specialist clinical training
- Friendly and supportive office team.
- 24 hour emergency on call.
- 2 week rolling rotas.
- Rotas planned 1 month in advance.
- Pension scheme.
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills within the care sector
*Terms and conditions apply
What are your duties as a Healthcare Assistant?
- Personal care and support.
- Medication administration and monitoring.
- Manual handling
- Continence and pressure care
- Support with complex health needs as required.
- Maintain respect and professional boundaries
- Effective communication
- Flexible, punctual, resourceful and professional
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Complete accurate documentation
- A minimum of 6 months care experience
- Epilepsy and rescue medication training or experience preferred but not essential.
- Able to work in the UK and can show documents
- Full enhanced DBS
- Up to date CV
Please Note: Your employment is subject to the receipt of satisfactory job references and an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) background check.
Interested in applying for this role?
Sugarman Health and Well-being is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.