We have our own in house training team called ‘Footsteps in Care’ that design and deliver all of our training courses.
Here is a summary of our key induction standards:
Adult Common Induction Standards
Adult Common Induction Standards are broken down into several units. Each standard contains a number of topics or areas of knowledge that carers or support workers need to know about before they can work safely without close supervision.
– Role of the Health and Social Care Worker
– Personal Development
– Communicate Effectively
– Equality and Inclusion
– Principles for Implementing Duty of Care
– Principles of Safeguarding in Health and Social Care
– Person-centred Support
– Health and Safety in an Adult Social Care Setting
Children’s Common Induction Standards
Children’s Common Induction Standards are broken down into several units. Each standard contains a number of topics or areas of knowledge that are essential for working with children.
– The Principles and Values Essential for Working with Children and Young People
– Understand your Role in the Children or Young People’s Workforce
– Know How to Communicate Effectively
– Understand the Development of Children and Young People
– Safeguard Children (keep them safe from harm)
– Develop Yourself