Sugarman Social Work has been sourcing the highest quality candidates for qualified social work positions for over 30 years.
We supply temporary staff to the public and private sectors; working with local authorities, the NHS and private practices. Whether you need a Service Manager or an Assistant Social Worker, Sugarman Social Work can source the right person for the role.
We pride ourselves on providing candidates who are experienced, knowledgeable and passionate for their role. Candidates that have a clear and strong understanding of what is required of them in the role and strive to be the very best. The candidates we find are some of the very best in their profession and have excellent references.
Our Social Work recruitment specialists are experts in their respective fields and use a tailored search and select approach to find the most suitable Social Worker from our extensive pool of candidates. Our consultants have a comprehensive insight of the daily challenges our candidates and clients experience in this ever-changing and demanding industry.
Providing the right people on time and within budget is where we excel. Having an extensive network of experienced social care professionals allows us to react quickly to the changing needs of your organisation. Whether you need ongoing temporary workers or emergency cover, we can help.
Our recruitment process is thorough, cost-effective and focused primarily on the needs of our clients. We endeavour to help clients in the following:
– Recruit and attract the most appropriate staff for their business
– Employ the right people with a purpose to increase their skills
– Retain staff
We work both in the North and South of England and are able to work quickly and efficiently to source the right person at the right time.
We are part of APSCO and have been with them for over two years.
Our commitment to safer recruitment
A well-planned and structured recruitment procedure is vital in ensuring the best person is recruited for the role, and to determine whether someone is suitable for the rolle and placement.The key to safer recruitment is rigorous scrutiny. All information gathered during the process must be thoroughly checked at every stage. It is important that the need to safeguard vulnerable people is also considered throughout the recruitment process.
Safe Practice in Recruitment Starts with detailed planning of the recruitment exercise requires a consistent and thorough process of obtaining, collating, analysing, and evaluating information from and about applicants. Key elements within this process include:
– Ensuring there is a job description for all posts/roles
– Ensuring that the person specification for all posts/roles includes specific reference to the role
– Obtaining and scrutinising comprehensive information from applicants, and taking up and satisfactorily resolving any gaps, discrepancies or anomalies
– Obtaining independent professional references and following up any concerns
– A face-to-face interview that explores the candidate’s suitability by trained interviewers verifying the successful applicant’s identity
– Verifying that they have the Right to Work in the UK (where employed)
– Verifying the successful applicant’s qualifications
– Checking his or her previous employment history and experience
– Carrying out an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) Check for roles in “regulated activity”
Where adults do not have a specific role working with children, but are likely to be in contact with children during the course of their work, the safer recruitment practices still apply.
Would you like to know more?
Contact us on 02037 719233 to discuss how we can support you.