We have an amazing opportunity available for experienced Care Assistants, or anyone looking to get into healthcare, to work on a one to one basis with our service user in Halifax. The ideal candidate will have incredible interpersonal skills, be compassionate, resilient and keen to make a real difference in someone’s life. Drivers are preferred, as the service user likes to travel.
The service user suffers from Spinal Muscular Atrophy and is wheelchair dependent. The successful candidate will be supporting the service user with clinical aspects of care such as Tracheostomy changes, checking ventilation equipment, Cough Assist Therapy, Nebulisers and administering medication. Assisting with personal care will also be a key part of this role.
About the Role
- Location: Halifax
- Hourly rate: £13.00
- Shift Patterns:
- Days – 6.30am to 6.30pm
- Nights – 6.30pm to 6.30am
- Full and Part Time Hours available (20-30 hours per week)
- Start Date: On completion of recruitment process
- Weekly Pay
- Free practical and theory training
- Ongoing training and development
- Ongoing support from our office staff
- Paid via PAYE
- Holiday Pay
- Dedicated consultant and on call team
- Lucrative refer a friend scheme*
*Terms and conditions apply
- Personal care
- Moving and handling
- Maintaining patient dignity
- Maintaining all aforementioned clinical needs
- Working as part of a wider team involved in services user’s care
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Eagerness to learn
- Eligibility to Work in the UK (with relevant documents)
- UK driving licence (for drivers)
- An up-to-date CV with full work history
You would become an essential part of the care team in this fulfilling and rewarding role. This is an amazing opportunity to expand on existing skills and progress in your health and social care career or could be the first step for anyone looking make their first steps into healthcare.
Sugarman Health and Wellbeing is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.