Sugarman Health and well-being is currently seeking a small team of Female Personal Care assistants, to provide clinical support to a woman in her early 50’s, with a spinal injury near Worcester.
We are looking for a team of Personal Care Assistants to work 12 hour shifts and who are flexible on working days and nights.
You would become an essential part of the clients team in enhancing her life. Our client is a qualified teacher and continues to teach in a school 3 days a week, the ideal candidates will accompany her to and from work as well as support her throughout the day to achieve all that she wants to. She lives with her husband and has two adult children who sometimes live at home as well as assorted pets.
Our client leads a very active life and enjoys being outdoors with nature, as well as enjoying the cinema and theatre alongside running the house. The ideal candidates will be physically fit, enjoy walking and being active as well as chatting and discussing ideas. Being part of this care team also offers fantastic opportunities to travel in the UK & abroad as our client likes to take as many holidays as possible.
Previous experience in a complex care background is preferred but not essential. However 6 months experience in care is required and full training and support will be given. We do ask that candidates have a positive and active attitude and are organised and punctual.
A full Driving licence is essential for this position to drive our client to and from locations and appointments in her adapted vehicle, for this reason candidates would preferably be 25 and over and hold a clean UK or European licence to be able to be insured.
About the Health Care Assistant role:
- Hourly Rate: Mon- Fri Day £12.00//Sat-Sun Day £13.00//Mon- Fri Night £13.00//Sat-Sun Night £14.00
- Location: Great Witley
- Shifts: Examples – Days 7:00am to 19:00//Nights 19:00 to 7:00am or Days 8:00am to 20:00//Nights – 20:00 to 8:00am Flexible
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Speciality: Complex Care
- Start Date: ASAP
- PPE provided
The ideal candidate would:
- Help promote our client`s independence
- Have a can do attitude and be flexible to support our client in what she wants to each day and night
- Have clear English and great communication skills
- Be patient in understanding the clients needs
- Be proactive, energetic and thoughtful with a sense of humour
- Be willing to travel on holiday with our client
- Be happy to work with animals
- Must be a non smoker
Theory and practical training will be provided to ensure you have the correct skills to support this individual to care for her family. This will give you the opportunity to learn new skills, develop your career and experience exciting things.
Benefits working for Sugarman Health and Wellbeing include:
- On going training development
- Ongoing support from other Carers, the Nurse Care Manager and Registered Manager
- Weekly Pay
- Paid via PAYE or Umbrella
- Lucrative refer a friend scheme *Terms and conditions apply
- Holiday Pay (PAYE only)
What are your duties as a Personal Care Assistant in this package?
- Able to support in Moving and Handling & Personal Care
- Supporting and maintaining all clinical needs such as bowel and bladder management
- To be respectful and maintain professional boundaries
- Someone who will go above and beyond for the Service User and staff involved in the package