Sugarman Health and well-being is currently seeking a Health Care Assistant to provide daily care and support to our client in her mid 30’s, with a Brain injury. Care will be provided in her own home in a remote location near Hereford.
Due to the Clinical needs of our Client, the care requires 2:1 support at all times. Therefore you will work alongside a qualified Nurse to support on the Clinical Tasks, including Peg, NiV, Suction, Cough Assist, Bowel Management, Oxygen and Severe Allergies. Our Client is also Non mobile and non verbal.
Our client also struggles with anxiety and is looking for a carer that can support her emotional needs as well as her physical and clinical needs.
The right Candidate must have a positive and active attitude as well as being organised and punctual.
Our service user is located on a farm and due to the rural location of the Service User, candidates must be a driver with their own vehicle.
About the Health Care Assistant role:
- Hourly Rate: £20 – £22 per hour
- Location: Little Cowarne, Bromyard
- 12 hour Shifts: Days 7am – 7pm // Nights 7pm to 7am
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Speciality: Complex Care
- Start Date: ASAP
- PPE provided
We are looking to employ carers who are passionate about giving the best care they can, promoting independence and enhancing our clients quality of life.
You would become an essential part of her existing care team in this fulfilling and exciting role.
Theory and practical training will be provided to ensure you have the correct skills to support this individual. This will give you the opportunity to learn new skills, develop your career and experience exciting things.
Benefits working for Sugarman Health and Wellbeing include:
- Enhancing our Service Users quality of life
- On going training development
- With ongoing support from other Carers, the Nurse Care Manager and Registered Manager
- Weekly Pay
- Paid via PAYE or Umbrella
- Lucrative refer a friend scheme *Terms and conditions apply
- Holiday Pay (PAYE only)
What are your duties as a Health Care Assistant in this package?
- Able to support in Moving and Handling & Personal Care
- Supporting and maintaining all clinical needs such as bowel and bladder management, PEG use
- To be respectful and maintain professional boundaries
- Someone who will go above and beyond for the Service User and staff involved in the package
- A minimum of 6 months care experience
- Able to work in the UK and can show documents
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Full enhanced DBS (optional as we can arrange this)
- Up to date CV
Sugarman Health and Wellbeing is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.