Band 2 Mental Health Support Worker
This role offers successful candidates the opportunity to work flexible Health Care Support Work shifts within the NHS in and around South West Yorkshire part of the Agency Staff with Sugarman.
Location: – Barnsley Kendray Hospital
Wards Covered: Medium secured, Low secured, PICU, ACUTE, learning disabilities, and elderly
Pay: Band 2 Umbrella Wages
– Week Days: £12.60 per hour
– Saturday day £16.00 per hour
– Sunday Day and BH – Day and bank holiday – £21.00 per hour
We are looking for compassionate, enthusiastic, and motivated Health Care Support Workers to work within Barnsley mental health trust (NHS). A successful care assistant will be an effective relationship builder and will be committed to equal opportunities and non-discriminatory practices.
In this role, as a Support worker, you will be working closely with multi-disciplinary team members to provide a high standard of care for patients throughout their visit or stay at Kendray Hospital. You will be responsible for implementing treatment and risk management plans and aiding patients through their recovery. Moreover, you will also be responsible for providing support and comfort to the patient family members or carers.
During your work as a health care support worker, you will be expected to provide a high level of care to all patients in your ward or clinical area. This may include (and will not be limited to) moving and handling, cleaning and bathing patients, feeding patients and patient observations – this could be for a wide variety of patients.
Benefits of Agency Staff:
- Weekly Pay
- Salary – £12.60 under the umbrella
- First choice of all available shifts
- 24-hour bookings service
- Flexibility to suit your way of working
- Long-term ongoing shifts available
- All required training’s provided
A successful candidate for this Health Care Support Worker role will have:
- You will need a right to work in the UK
- A minimum of 6 months experience working as a Band 2 Mental health support worker in hospital wards or community or band 2 Health Care Assistant, 2nd or 3rd year Student Nurse, Training Nursing Associate or Nursing Assistant role within a UK hospital, Care Homes and nursing homes specifically in mental health and learning disabilities in the last 2 years.
- Ability to work a minimum of 1 shift every month.
- Pass pre-employment checks (including enhanced DBS, employment references and entitlement to work checks).
- Ability to provide work references from past three years
- Available to attend our three days PMVA training and willing to do e-learnings and other mandatory training.
- Online application form
- Informal 20-minute telephone interview
- 10-minute meeting in our office to provide you with compliance documents
- Training – both practical and e-learning
(Please note, it may take 3-4 weeks to complete pre-employment checks)
Please apply for the Support Worker role here, or give Irfan Aziz a call on 0113 4573166 or 07970201471 for more information (Mon-Fri 8.30 am-5:30 pm).
Sugarman Health and Wellbeing is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.